- Lois Ehrmann
- 1 Hour 1 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 31, 2020
This one-hour recording was developed to help you stay calm in this unprecedented time of the Coronavirus. As professional mental health providers, we are expected to help colleagues, supervisees and clients understand what they are feeling and sensing during this pandemic, that changes day by day, is normal and understandable. To be at our best, we must stay grounded and remain calm and present. Watch this recording and learn ways to increase your own resources and tips on how to assist your clients and colleagues/employees with their fears and anxiety.
|Illinois Educators Self-study Instructions (28.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Illinois Educators Evaluation Form (1.2 MB)||Available after Purchase|
Tempering Stress within the Organization
- Look to where the organization needs to quickly adapt
- The importance of communication
- Avoid defensive routines (Comfort, Yeo and Scheinert, 2019)
- Find the external resources to help in the adaptation process
Finding Your Calm and Helping Your Staff and Clients Find Theirs
- Understand your own fight, flight, freeze response
- Breath work, visualization and personal grounding
- Identify who in your personal life you need
- Moving the calm toward family first, then employee/supervisees and outward toward the clients
Best Practices that are Important Right Now
- How to present what you currently know and what you can and cannot do
- Affirm the ambivalence and lack of certainty
- When employees, supervisees and clients begin to isolate and shut down
- Naming fears and anxiety and being witness to those fears and anxiety
- Reinforce current skills of coping with stress and crisis; teach additional skills
- Tune in to your own ways of self-care and your own spirituality
The Individual and Family Choices program
Lois Ehrmann, Ph.D., LPC, NCC, CTTS, is a trauma-informed and sensitive clinician who works with individuals and families who suffer from trauma, abuse and attachment issues. She is the founder of The Individual and Family CHOICES Program, a holistic trauma-informed counseling center in State College, PA, that has been providing cutting-edge trauma-informed therapy for over 10 years. Prior to that she co-owned a dual diagnosis outpatient counseling program called Counseling Alternatives Group for over 18 years. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey and has been in clinical practice for over 30 years, specializing in trauma and attachment for over 22 years.
A Certified Trauma Treatment Specialist (CTTS), Lois is also an Approved Consultant and Certified Clinician in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDRIA) as well as a Certified Internal Family Systems Clinician. Trained in IFS Levels 1, 2 and 3 as well as Somatic IFS, she has introduced the IFS model to the children and families she works with, as well as groups of parents of traumatized children and to professional healers who work with traumatized families. Lois is a Registered ATTACh Clinician, Certified Attachment Focused Family Therapist/Consultant and an Approved Clinical Supervisor (NCE). In addition, she is a trained neurofeedback clinician and trained in clinical hypnosis.
Lois is a sought-after trainer both locally and nationally and is also an adjunct assistant professor in counselor education and supervision at PSU. She has presented nationally for many years for the National ATTACh Conference and until very recently served on that organization’s board of directors. Lois has also presented annually for the Internal Family Systems Conference specifically focusing on the use of IFS with children and families struggling with attachment issues.
Lois is the co-author of a book on best practices in attachment therapy and has self-published books for children and their parents on attachment and Internal Family Systems concepts. She was the lead researcher in the development of the Internal Family Systems Adherence Scale for the Internal Family System Foundation.
Financial: Lois Ehrmann is founder and executive director of The Individual and Family CHOICES Program. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Lois Ehrmann has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.